Ending the season with a victory

Adam Santiago (10) races to keep the Merrillville opponent away from the ball. Santiago was making his way towards the goal.

JV boys soccer played their last game of the season against Merrillville on Sept. 28. The game ended with a 4-0 victory by Lake Central with goals from Philip Semnicky (10), Michael Pucci (10) and Adam Santiago (10).

“Mentally, I told myself that I need to be aggressive because it’s the last game, and I want to support LC’s record,” Semnicky said.

The boys kept up with their performance to finish the season strong.

“I was very impressed with the way that we performed, and I’m proud of my fellow teammates and how they worked really hard to get to where they are right now,” Nathan Thomas (10) said.

The team was determined to keep the reputation of the past JV boys soccer teams alive.  

“We tied our overall record from last year. I wish we would have improved, but we did our best,“ Alex Osorio (10) said.

Although the boys didn’t beat their record, they are still proud of how much they have accomplished. The boys hope to continue with their victories next season. For now, the boys can look to the past games as an inspiration for the next season.

“We should’ve beat Munster, but we just weren’t ready, I thought we had a great season, and it was a good experience playing with all the guys, but we need to learn to keep focus and close out games,” Sam Fiera (10) said.