Graduation Information

Graduation+Information

The Commencement of Lake Central High School’s class of 2017 will be taking place on Sunday, June 4 at 2:00 p.m. Doors open to guests at 1:00 p.m.

REHEARSAL:

Rehearsal begins Friday, June 2, at 10:00 a.m. in the field house and will end at approximately 12:00 p.m. Students should park in the yellow lot and go in door K. Students are expected to dress comfortably and appropriately and should bring their cap, gown, tassel, earned regalia, something to write with and their student ID.

CEREMONY:

For the ceremony, students should arrive no later than 12:45 p.m. and report directly to the fieldhouse. All purses, bags and other personal items must be left in cars or with family, and phones must be silenced. Once students are in the field house, they should go directly to their designated locations and spots in line. Students should accept their diploma cover with their left hand and shake with the right. After receiving their diplomas, students should return to their designated seats and remain seated for the rest of the ceremony.

TICKETS:

Students do not need a ticket to enter the commencement ceremony. They will receive the tickets purchased for their guests at the end of rehearsal.

CLOTHING:

All students must wear an approved Lake Central cap, gown and tassel. Caps must not be decorated, and the elastic is worn at the back of the head. Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap, but placed on the left after the diploma is received. A light-colored dress, skirt and blouse or long slacks and light-colored dress shirts must be worn under the gown. Jeans, shorts and T-shirts are not allowed.

PARKING:

Students should ride with family or carpool with other students to maximize parking space. The parking lot will not open until 12:30 p.m.

PICTURE:

On Tuesday, May 30, at 10:30 a.m. a senior class picture will be taken in the gym.

ELEMENTARY WALK:

If students signed up to participate, the elementary school walk will take place at 12:30 p.m.

The Lake Central High School 2017 Commencement ceremony will be streamed live at http://www.youtube.com/user/LCTVNEWS/live