First Midwest hosts Country Megaticket

The crowd anxiously waits for Jason Aldean to take the stage at the First Midwest Bank Ampitheatre. The show was the second to last concert to be performed on the Megaticket.

On various dates this summer, several country artists performed at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Tinley Park, IL, for all of the country music fans in the Chicago area. All of these concerts were included in the 2014 Country Megaticket.

The Megaticket is a pass to get into the concerts at a bargain price and is featured at many venues. The price for the ticket ranges from $149 to $749 depending on what seats are being purchased and includes six concerts in 2014, but that number differs from year to year. Instead of buying separate tickets for each concert, the Megaticket is a convenient and cheaper way to enjoy the music.

“Next year I’m going to buy a Megaticket because I basically went to all the concerts and [the Megaticket] was a lot cheaper. The Jason Aldean ticket [I bought] was [around] $80 and the Megaticket was only $149 for all the concerts [to sit on the lawn],” Courtney Kreykes (11) said.

Artists included big names such as Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Jason Aldean, and Miranda Lambert. Dates ranged from May 31 to Aug. 15.

“[The Rascal Flatts concert] was my first concert of the summer, and I had a great time. They were fantastic. I met a lot of new people and just had a fun time singing and dancing with my friends,” Sydney Halfeldt (11) said.

The next and last concert featured on the 2014 Country Megaticket will be on Friday, Aug. 15 and will include artists Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhett, and Justin Moore.