Varsity Girls Soccer ties Munster

Hannah Triveline (12) runs to the ball trying to keep 2 Munster players back. Triveline is a Midfielder.

The varsity girls soccer team tied their first game on Thursday, Sept. 4. The game ended in a score of 1-1.

“I think we did pretty good, to come out with a tie. I know getting the goal from a PK [penalty kick] wasn’t exactly what we wanted, but they have a really good defense and midfield and we fought to the very end.” Brianna Dougherty (12) said.

Alisha Donovan (12) was the first and only to score for this game. During the second half a Munster player fouled Donovan, letting the girls receive an opportunity to score their only goal.

“[Munster] definitely shut us down in the offense than they did last year, but I mean last year during regular season they completely blew us away, so I think we did way better than last year going from a 5-0 lose to a 1-1 tie.” Dougherty said.

The team has made many changes since last year, including a new coach. He views the game in a different perspective and his tactics of coaching have really benefited the team.

“We didn’t really care. It’s not like we didn’t care, but we care more about our DAC matches than our regular matches because they don’t really go to anything.” Theresa Baranowski (12) said.

The girls believe that there is better to come with their season. Their next game will be against Griffith on Thursday, Sept. 11.