Bringing down the Wolves

Nicole Milaszewski (10) serves the ball on Oct. 2. Her team beat Michigan City 25-9.

The JV volleyball team took on Michigan City on Thursday, Oct. 2.  The girls won the first set with some difficulty, but they came through during the second set.

“The first and second games were completely different stories: the first game was not very well [played] but then they came out the second game and did a good job,” Coach Jennifer Fandl, Math, said.

The first match ended with a score of 25-22, in favor of Lake Central. The Wolves did not stand a chance during the second match, with a score of 25-9.

“At the first game we were a little slow but [during] the second game we picked it up and we had a lot more energy could have talked more and we could have been more aggressive with the ball,” Frances Kornelik (10) said.

On Tuesday, Oct. 14, the girls will face the Valparaiso Vikings for “Bump Out Cancer” and donate money to organizations such as the Northwest Indiana Cancer Kids and the Cancer resource center.  The team will warm up in lavender shirts for the event and seek donations from businesses. Last year, they raised nearly $6500.