Behind the stars

The meeting gets started with the agenda for the day. The meeting was short but opened the door for the next meeting’s schedule.

Prom is a dance that many students prepare for far in advance. This year the duty of putting together the most talked about dance has fallen to the Junior Class Cabinet.

“This is [The Junior Class Cabinet’s] first time planning a big event, so we are starting very early to make sure everything is lined up,” Ms. Allison Peda, English, said.

The theme this year is Across the Universe, featuring the iconic colors of the galaxy and decorative lights to represent stars.

“I like the Prom theme although it wasn’t my first choice. I think the school will really enjoy the outcome of it,” Sean Meyer (11) said.

For these juniors it will not only be their first time planning a Prom but the first they can attend as well.

“I am looking forward to prom as it is my first one. I look for any excuse to dance,” Meyer said.

All juniors are more than welcome to attend meetings.

“To join you just have to be in the class of 2016 and show up. We would like to see students showing up consistently and dedicating the time needed to be successful in our endeavors,” Ms. Peda said.

Their next meeting is Nov. 19 in room C122.