Lady Indians dominate once again

Alaysha+Earving+%289%29+dribbles+the+ball+down+the+court.++Earving+was+looking+for+another+teammate+to+help+her+run+the+play.++
Alaysha Earving (9) dribbles the ball down the court. Earving was looking for another teammate to help her run the play.

Most students came back to school after Thanksgiving break on Monday, Dec. 1st, still half-asleep, but the girls freshman basketball team came back with spirit and stamina.  Monday night the girls won against Crown Point in the A game 49-12 and in the B game 6-4.

“[I think] we did good tonight. We did everything we were supposed to do.  We’re getting stronger every time, and we’re doing really good at keeping up the pace with everyone,” Carley Jansky (9) said.

Although dominating Crown Point was a refreshing win, the girls still plan to work their hardest for the next game.

“[We will prepare for our next game by] doing our plays right and making sure that we catch and we box out, and also that we rebound a lot,” Alaysha Earving (9) said

Of course, faultless technique is a major key in a strong play, but encouragement is considered just as important to the Lady Indians.

“The most important thing is talking and cheering everyone on. Once we talk, we get everyone good, and we pass the ball,” Jansky said.

About halfway through the game, Gabrielle O’Keefe (9) suffered an injury to the leg. The injury was not called as a foul against Crown Point, although Lake Central coaches deemed it should have been.

On Thursday, Dec. 4, the freshman girls team will play against Chesterton at Chesterton High School.