Shops on Main modernize Region

One of the signs for the Shops on Main rests on the side of Main Street. The plaza has been transformed into a $112 million hotspot for shopping and dining.

The Shops on Main shopping center at Indianapolis Boulevard and Main Street in Schererville has really developed within the last year. As many NWI citizens remember, the Schererville Golf and Fun Center was demolished in 2007 and a retail shopping center was promised to be built in its place. Fast forward a couple years to 2012 and all that was to be found at the site was an empty plot of land. NWI residents wondered if anything would become of the empty space.

Within two years, the plaza has been transformed into a $112 million hotspot for shopping and dining. Major retailers such as Gordmans, OshKosh B’gosh, and Carter’s are just a few of the many stores in business in the plaza. Carrabba’s, Meatheads, Tomato Bar, YoAmazing, Firehouse Subs and Noodles & Co. have also brought some brand new tastes to the Region. If everything goes as planned, a 40,000-square-foot Whole Foods Market is projected to open in the summer of 2015.

The Region is ever-changing and developing; the Shops on Main have brought a much-needed face lift to Indianapolis and Main.