Forbidden firsts

Zachary Hansen (10) and Aaron Capello (9) crack up at rehearsal. The first rehearsals for “Forbidden Broadway” were split up by boys and girls.

“Annie,” “RENT,” “Hairspray” and “Wicked” have all graced the stages of Broadway. On the stage of the LGI, however, they are all getting a makeover in the musical “Forbidden Broadway.” On Dec. 9 and 10, the cast had their first rehearsals.

“‘Forbidden Broadway’ is different [from other shows] because it’s multiple shows in one, so it appeals to all audience members. Everyone will be able to pick a favorite song spoof,” William Kruzan (10) said.

During this time, Mrs. Pam Neth, English, got the chance to hold what some of the cast deemed “auditions 2.0” and fit each performer into a part.

“I think [casting the show separately] is great honestly. It kind of gives us another chance to show the directors what we’ve got. Plus, we can also not be so nervous on getting cut. It also gives the directors a second chance on making sure that the part is a good fit for each of our voices,” Stephanie O’Drobniak (10) said.

Even though the show is just taking the first steps to the stage, many members of the cast already have numbers that they are excited to see come to life.

“I am really looking forward to the whole Les Miserables sequence because I love the music from that show,” Kruzan said.

“Forbidden Broadway” opens in March.