Defeating the opposing tribe

Jayla+Harvey+%2812%29+guards+an+opponent+from+getting+the+ball+down+the+court.++The+girls+picked+up+their+game+after+a+rough+first+two+quarters+and+ended+up+pulling+through+with+a+win.++
Jayla Harvey (12) guards an opponent from getting the ball down the court. The girls picked up their game after a rough first two quarters and ended up pulling through with a win.

On Saturday, Jan. 17, the Lake Central girls basketball team won against the Portage Indians with a final score of 58-42.

“The first two quarters weren’t great, weren’t how we should be playing, but [in] the third and fourth [quarter] we kind of stepped it up a little bit, and we started playing well,” Rachel Bell (11) said.

Not only did the girls’ hard work help them get the win, but so did their teamwork and cooperation. They pushed each other to keep playing hard to finish out the game.

“I just think that we worked well together.  We started out rough and finished out strong, so we just worked together,” Victoria Gard (11) said.

Even with the win, the girls still thought that they could have done better.  At their next game, they hope to play better and fix their mistakes from the game.

“It wasn’t one of our best games, and I definitely think we’ve had better, but a win is a win and we are happy with it,” Gard said.