Q&A: Sean Meyer (11)

Sean Meyer (11) picks up a guidance pass to deliver to a student. Meyer has been aiding since the beginning of his sophomore year, and plans to continue next year.

Gianna Mills

Q: How long have you been aiding for?

A: I’ve been aiding since the beginning of my sophomore year, but I started helping guidance out at the end of my freshman year.

Q: Why did you decide to start aiding?

A: I decided to aide because the former guidance secretary, Mrs. Talaber, was good friends with my neighbor, so I was talked into it by my neighbor and her. It gave me something to do during study hall.

Q: How has aiding for guidance helped your high school experience so far?

A: Aiding for guidance has helped me meet a lot of teachers, and I have gotten to know the school very well. It has also helped me meet the guidance counselors on a more personal level, along with the other aides.

Q: Do you plan on doing this next year? Why?

A: I plan on aiding for guidance for one final year. I have really enjoyed aiding, and it has given me something to look forward to. It’s also something fun to do besides just sitting in a study hall.

Q: What is a downside to aiding?

A: The one downside to aiding would be that you don’t get as much homework done as you would in a normal study hall. However, you don’t always have to take the passes since there are other aides so getting all your homework done is possible.