Based Upon the Novel by…

Jennifer+Lawrence+and+Liam+Hemsworth+play+Katniss+Everdeen+and+Gale+Hawthorne+in+the+Hunger+Games.+Hunger+Games%2C+like+many+other+books%2C+has+been+turned+into+a+movie.+
Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth play Katniss Everdeen and Gale Hawthorne in the Hunger Games. Hunger Games, like many other books, has been turned into a movie.

Each year, as more and more movies are released, several are released as adaptations of books.This is the source of many heated debates between friends and family; many believe that books are usually much more fulfilling than movies.  But which is really better; a book or a movie?

The typical time of a movie is about 90 minutes. Any longer than that, and the movie may begin to lose the audience’s attention, and any shorter than that, many think, “That’s it?” With lengthy series like “The Hunger Games,” “Harry Potter” and “Twilight,” it is challenging for producers to transform every detail from print to the big screen. For instance, in “The Hunger Games” when Katniss and Peeta have their cave scene, it obviously isn’t going to be as long as it took one to read it, but it also won’t nearly be as emotionally charged.

When a person reads a book, he or she may not be able to finish it in a single sitting. Most people do not read straight through a book, but when someone watches a movie they are expected to finish watching it in one viewing. However, if someone doesn’t have the time to read the book, a movie may be a good alternative.

Movies also, however, leave little to the imagination. People imagine characters as they’re described, but then they find out who was cast as the characters and think, “That’s totally not how I pictured them.”

Though many people think movie versions are terrible compared to the printed version, some are considered to be of the same value, if not even better. According to a Goodreads.com list, some movies that the site considers are better than the books are “The Notebook,” “The Princess Bride” and “The Devil Wears Prada.”