Leaving a legacy

Artist interpretation of Terrace. The bricks fund raise for various clubs and sports.

Until May 15, students, faculty, community members and alumni have a special chance to make their mark on the new football field. The project is called the Tribe Terrace, an area that will be constructed in June within the new football complex.

The Tribe Terrace will be an area of laid bricks with names and messages from anyone who wants to show their for the school corporation. A brick can be dedicated in order to honor a graduating senior or a previous graduate, recognize a student, coach or teacher, honor a veteran or express support for an extracurricular.

A positive aspect regarding this project is that “leaving one’s mark” actually benefits teams, clubs, or extracurricular activities. When purchasing a brick, one will pick from a dropdown list which school-related activity one wants to benefit. Almost all proceeds from the purchase will be donated to that activity. The school corporation will not retain any of the proceeds from the sale of these bricks.

These areas on the football field will be used for many activities in the future like tailgating before football games. Whoever walks along the terrace will read the names and messages for many years to come.

If you want to leave your mark, visit https://lcschs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=12.