Q&A with Alexis Miestowski (9)

Alexis Miestowski (9) swings her golf club during Sectionals. The girls golf team qualified for State after this tournament. Photo By: Camryn Wallace

Q: What is your family like?

A: “My mom golfed in high school for the fun of it. Then she got my dad to golf. Essentially, my mom got me to start golfing, and that’s how my career started.”

Q: How have your parents influenced your golfing?

A: “[My parents] started me in all my tournaments ever since I was eight years old. They got me numerous coaches, but [I’m now] with the varsity Valpo University coach.”

Q: What do you think your biggest accomplishments are in golf?

A: “I made All-State as a freshman. I made the LC wall of fame, and I’m ranked in the nation [for golf] right now.”

Q: How does it feel to be a freshman on the Wall of Fame?

A: “It’s an honor because most seniors don’t even get in, but I’ve worked really hard for it, and I’m really thankful.”

Q: What do you think you can improve on for next season?

A: “[I can] definitely [improve on] my short game. I practice all year round, so I’m going to play longer distances in the summer because I’m playing college level tournaments. I’ll be working all summer.”

Q: How does it feel to be All-State?

A: “I feel it is a bigger accomplishment than making the LC Wall of Fame because that’s what got me onto the wall. Only three freshman got on [the All-State team] this year, and they’re all my good golfing friends, so it’s an honor.”

Q: Are you involved in any other extracurriculars?

A: “I also play basketball here, and this is one of the first years I haven’t played softball or any of my other sports.”

Q: What is the leadership training program you are in?

A: “Every year LC picks seven girls and seven boys to go to the leadership summit, and our conference and Andrean’s conference are also in it. [My coach picked me to go] to Hammond and learn about how to be good leader, and we bring it back to our teams.”

Q: How were you nominated?

A: “Every year Coach [Brett St. Germain, Assistant Athletic Director,] asks all of the coaches if they think anyone is worthy on their team to go to the leadership summit, and my coach picked me.”