Q&A: Hannah Keith (12)

+Hannah+Keith+%2812%29+applies+blush+to+Nicole+Milaszewski%E2%80%99s+cheek.+Keith+plans+to+attend+cosmetology+school+this+fall.
Hannah Keith (12) applies blush to Nicole Milaszewski’s cheek. Keith plans to attend cosmetology school this fall.

Q: Where are you going to college?

A: I’m going to Paul Mitchell, the school of Costa Mesa.

Q: Why are you going there?

A: The school is for cosmetology, and I think they might have other programs, but I’ll be going there for cosmetology. They have a school in Chicago, but we have a house in California, so it’s really close to my house, and it’s not a far drive. Plus, it’s in California, and I’d rather get the experience there than here.

Q: How do you feel about going so far away?

A: I’m so excited because I’m not just going there for college or trade school, but I’m going for hopefully the rest of my life. I’m planning on moving, so it will just be the next step in my life.

Q: Why did you decide to take on a career in cosmetology?

A: I’ve always been creative, and I didn’t really know what to do with it. I’ve always just done crafts and random stuff. Hair is like an art to me. It’s a way to show my creativity. I didn’t know that’s what I was going to do. I’ve always been thinking I was going to go into the medical field, but after looking at the expenses of college and wanting to go to California, it just seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Q:What are your goals for the future?

A: [My goals for the future are] to become the best that I can be. I eventually want to go into film hair and makeup, so that’s probably my biggest life goal.

Q: Why are you excited?

A: I’m excited to meet new people and get my name out there. Being somewhere warm all the time is exciting, too.