Q&A: Mr. Jose Delgado, Math

+Mr.+Jose+Delgado%2C+Math%2C++sits+at+his+desk.++Delgado+is+a+new+teacher+to+Lake+Central.
Mr. Jose Delgado, Math, sits at his desk. Delgado is a new teacher to Lake Central.

Q: What made you want to start teaching?

A: In high school I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do, most of high school I just assumed I would be some type of business major. Then I started tutoring other people like my classes or younger grades and I really enjoyed it and I knew that I really wanted to do something that would help people.

Q: Why did you choose to teach math?

A: I have always really liked math. It was always one of my favorite classes and I always liked my math teachers.

Q: What is it like being a teacher at a new school?

A: It’s interesting because you don’t really know anything, you go into a school and it’s all different.  Lake Central is not a school that is similar to where I went and the block schedule is really weird at first. It’s a lot of fun, everyone is very friendly and I’m having a great time here.

Q: How have returning teachers helped you?

A: Yes plenty of teachers have helped me out. All of the math teachers are very friendly and help me out, I talk a lot with the two next door. We always talk about what we are doing in Geometry.

Q: Why did you choose to teach at Lake Central?

A: It’s close to home so I don’t have to drive very far. I also student taught here [for Mr. Scott Freckleton, Math] and I was very familiar with Lake Central already.

Q: Did you get lost?

A: A little bit on my first day, I went in through one of the new doors and I went in a circle.