Agreeing across the board

Four members of the school board and three representatives from the St. John location of Strack and Van Til hold a check for $500. The money was donated to Lake Central High School to promote education.

The school board meeting was held on Sept. 21, at 7:30 p.m. The board members met to discuss current issues in our school system and informed the public about what is coming up.

“School board meetings are necessary to conduct business in the public,” Mr. Al Gandalfi, Asst. Superintendent, said. “If you were to define a school you would define it as business held in the public for the public. I think it is a good opportunity for the public to hear what’s going on and have the ability through the meeting when you can sign up to speak to ask any questions that you may have.”

The board members discussed topics such as Acuity testing in lower grade levels, effective drug testing methods, the new location of the central office and updated technology in the schools.

“I am a big proponent of all of this new technology. It is instantaneous and the quality is top notch.  It has provided a myriad number of increases in people moving faster and quicker and gaining better results,” Mr. Howard Marshall, Vice President, said.

Lake Central High School also was given a donation of $500 from Strack and Van Til. The check was presented at the meeting by John Rosenwinkel. The donation was intended to promote education.

“This was Strack and Van Til’s approach: providing money for educational facilities and into the public schools that is supported by the people who go to Strack and Van Til,”  Mr. Marshall said.  “They’re giving back to us with the support of the community,”
The next school board meeting is on Oct. 5 at 7:30 p.m. in the LGI.