Auspicious events of October

Dana Brownewell (10) picks apples at County Line Orchard. Brownewell went to the orchard with friends at the beginning of September.

With the fall season emerging, students begin to explore a variety of activities. Activities for all can be found, ranging from those perfect for having fun with family to those best spent with friends.

One of the downsides of fall festivities is how cold it gets during the evenings, hindering any late night plans. The perfect remedy for those cruel chilly nights is to sit around a warm fire and reminisce with friends, all while devouring s’mores.

“I like bonfires because they are the best way to be cold but overheated at the same time,” Lindsey Buchler (10) said.

When it’s cold during the day, a cup of hot chocolate or coffee can help to keep you warm. Coffee shops seem to be becoming more popular as hangouts for teenagers, and are nice to just sit and have nice conversations while trying to keep warm.  Crown Point has many coffee shops to hang out at that offer activities such as coloring books and board games. Also, most coffee shops have varieties of coffee only available during fall, such as pumpkin spice lattes.

Pumpkin patches offer many activities that people can only participate in during the fall.  Kregel’s Pumpkin Patch is located in Lowell and has activities that both children and adults can enjoy. For children going, they offer pony rides, a petting zoo, and barrel train rides. Kregel’s has a farmers market that offers a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. With hayrides, a corn maze and a slingshot challenge, Kregel’s creates a family-friendly environment for those families looking to spend quality time together. One place closer to the school that has pumpkins and fall activities available is County Line Orchard. County Line offers apple-picking, a corn maze, and a petting zoo.