Stewing similarities

Here’s a freshly brewed cup of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice coffee. This was the first place that was judged for pumpkin spice coffee.

Now that fall is finally here, pumpkin spice is once again heating up.Due to the beginning of the fall season, anything and everything pumpkin scented or flavored can be found around virtually every corner.. Even though there are hundreds of pumpkin flavored products, coffee is the most common pumpkin product purchased during this chilly season.

Three different kinds of pumpkin coffee made in the Lake Central area were put to the test to see which scored the highest. The three coffees that were included in the test were from Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts and Speedway.

The first place tested was Starbucks. This Pumpkin Spice coffee is for someone with a major sweet tooth. The whipped cream was smooth tasting, but the sweet taste was evened out with a blanket of pumpkin spice powder on top. The coffee is new and now made with real pumpkin, which enhances the rich, thick texture. Although the taste was great, the price did not match the feeling.

Stop two was Dunkin’ Donuts. This coffee is more about what it is not than what it is. It was not too sweet and not very thick. The pumpkin smell was very strong, but the taste did not match the scent. It tasted like a sweetened coffee, which was good, but was not very pumpkin spice. Compared to the price of the first coffee, the price was impeccable.

The final place that was put to the test was Speedway. Although Speedway is a gas station, coffee is often a main figure in their advertisements. This coffee was far from up to par in the pumpkin spice category. It was very watery and tasted like slightly sweetened black coffee.
The Starbucks coffee is a 10/10 on flavor but the price was 1/10. The Dunkin’ Donuts coffee 8.5/10 for taste and the price is a 7/10. For the Speedway coffee it gets a 1/10 for taste, but the price is a 10/10. To get the best taste and flavor, Dunkin’ Donuts is the way to go.