Setting into sectionals

Samantha Anderson (12), Stephanie Spigolon (12), Mackenzie Evers (12), Julia Kruzan (12) and Victoria Gardenhire (12) congratulate each other after the point. The group of seniors returned to their spots to continue to match.

On Thursday, Oct. 22, the varsity volleyball team crushed Morton in three matches, ending Morton’s run but pushing the Indians farther along in sectionals.

“I think we played really well. We just took care of business and shut them down,” Rachel Gross (12) said.

These girls seem determined to win and to end their season right. The close knit group of seven seniors on the team have one last chance to work together to take down their competition in the championship.

“My freshman year, I was on varsity and we won sectionals. [However,] the last two years, while I was a sophomore and junior, we lost to Munster in four or five sets. They were always really close games. I think this year, [we want] revenge. We really want to win this time,” Victoria Gardenhire (12) said.

The Lady Indians intend to step-up their game, because there is no room for error in single elimination sectionals.

“We have to not let our guard down, but if we play tough, we’ll make it [to the championships],” Rachel Gross (12) said.