Senior Class Cabinet elects officers

Eva+Elmalh+%2812%29+smiles+as+she+walks+away+after+her+speech.+Elmalh+was+elected+vice+president+of+the+senior+class.+
Eva Elmalh (12) smiles as she walks away after her speech. Elmalh was elected vice president of the senior class.

On Oct. 22, Senior Class Cabinet elected officer positions for the 2015-16 school year.

“When I was elected, I was overjoyed. It’s always been my goal to be class president, and finally being able to achieve that was so amazing,” Sean Meyer (12) said.

Students casted their ballots after all of the candidates were able to give their speeches on the position they were applying for.

“Becoming president fulfilled one of my childhood goals. I’m excited to lead this class into bigger and better things. Also, I am excited to speak at graduation on behalf of the graduating class,” Meyer said.

Senior Class Cabinet is involved in a plethora of activities that involve the senior class. Senior Class Cabinet is in charge of planning Senior Banquet, planning the ten year reunion and leaving the class gift.

“As president, I plan Senior Banquet and the ten year reunion. I hope to make both events exciting for the Class of 2016. I want to make the Class of 2016 a class to remember,” Meyer said.

Those elected to officer positions were: Sean Meyer (12), President, Eva Elmalh (12), Vice President, Noelle McBride (12), Secretary, Gianna Mills (12), Treasurer and Rachel Gross (12), Historian.