Q&A: Vivianne Tartareanu (10)

Vivianne Tartareanu waits to scare the next victim that comes near her. Tartareanu has been working at the Lake Hills Haunted House for two years. Photo by Kayla Cavazos (10).

Q: How long have you been working at the Lake Hills Haunted House?

A: This would be my second year working there.

Q: What made you want to work there?

A: [I started working at Lake Hills Haunted House because] all of my friends started working there. I [also] loved the fact that I could be a completely different person while I was there.

Q: What’s your favorite part about working there?

A: My favorite part [about working there] is being able to be a completely different person and being able to be my true self. I also love doing makeup and acting.

Q: What are the benefits of working at the haunted house?

A: First of all, you get to scare people and have a lot of fun. You also make a lot of new friends. It’s honestly a blast working there.

Q: How did you learn to do the specials effects makeup?

A: I learned [how to do special effects makeup] all on my own. One day I went to the Halloween store and picked up [some] simple things and started to learn.

Q: How long does it normally take you to get ready with all the makeup and clothing?

A: It normally takes me around 40 minutes [to get ready].

Q: What’s it like to be behind the scenes of a haunted house?

A: I will always love [being behind the scenes]. It’s very fun, but being behind the scenes can get stressful. It’s a great experience that takes a lot of time and effort.