Schooling in seconds

A+pile+of+homework+lays+on+Amy+Denton%E2%80%99s+%2810%29++table+at+home.+Students+spend+a+range+of+time+on+homework.+
A pile of homework lays on Amy Denton’s (10) table at home. Students spend a range of time on homework.

From regular to AP classes, homework can take students anywhere from a half hour to many hours.

“[I spend] a pretty long time [on homework]. I come home and start homework around 4 p.m., and I’m usually doing it to 11 p.m. or 12 p.m. If I have more [than usual], I’ll probably be doing it later on in the night,” Payal Bhatt (11) said.

AP students tend to spend numerous hours, or sometimes even days, on homework while other students normally spend only a couple of hours.

“I spend usually about an hour and a half up to two hours on homework every night,” Tyler Paluszak (12) said.

The amount of homework a student is assigned can add up, causing the individual to become overwhelmed. A couple of hours of homework may not be considered too stressful, but many hours or days can take a toll.

“It can be stressful at times, but then at other times it’s not really stressful at all. I think it just depends on how much homework you get and the certain classes,” Kristina Plaskett (12) said.

In the end, all the time students have dedicated to homework can pay off.

“I think that it [spending hours on homework] is worth it because once I do it I know what I’m doing will work, so it makes taking tests and studying easier by doing the homework,” Plaskett said.