Festive productivity

A student works on assignments during class. Around this time of year, students tend to get more distracted by the holidays instead of focusing on school work.

Now that fall break is done and over with, it is time to get back into the swing of things. With the fall and winter holidays quickly approaching, it is easy to get overwhelmed with the constant pressure from school. However, it is crucial to work efficiently in order to stay on track.

“Concentrating on homework during the holidays is especially hard because there is so much going on. It’s easy to fall behind. Instead of procrastinating and falling behind, I try to work my hardest at the end of the semester because I know finals are coming up soon,” Ana Zanza (11) said.

Some students try to manage time by working on large and more important assignments first so they do not creep up on them last minute.

“I stay focused by getting my homework and studying done as soon as I get home, and then I have the rest of the night to watch movies and relax. It’s easier said than done, but once you get your homework done as soon as possible, you have so much free time,” Meghan Teumer (11) said.

Others keep the right mindset and focus on having down time during breaks and days off.

“I just try to think, ‘If I work hard right now, it will pay off in the end, and then come Christmas break I can relax,’” Rachel Frieling (11) said.

For a lot of people, this time of the year and the festivities that come with it can be distracting when it comes to school work.  
“I absolutely love Thanksgiving and Christmastime, [and] it’s definitely harder to get work done because of [these] distractions. All I can think about is the next break and how much sleep I’m going to get. Also, all I want to do is watch Christmas movies when I get home from school,” Teumer said.