Winning Over Warriors

Jaidyn Brown (9) drives the ball to the basket while a player on the opposing team guards her. The Lady Indians finished the game with a 29 point lead against Bishop Noll.

On Nov. 10, the freshman girls basketball team kicked off their season with a victory against Bishop Noll at home with a final score of 39-0. Nerves were high for the girls as they played their first game of the season in Lake Central’s new gymnasium.

“I was very nervous coming into this game because the size of the new gym is very intimidating and when our parents watch us play, it adds pressure, Kayla Carlson (9) said.

Throughout the game, The Lady Indians maintained a steady lead, ending the first half of the game with a 20-0 lead.

“I think we played very well together, and met the expectations that were set for our first game,” Jaidyn Brown (9) said.  

While celebrating their win, the girls also took time to recognize that they have more to work on in order to further thrive this season.

“[As a team], I think we need to work on our plays and start coming together as a team in order to do well this season,” Camille Bereolos (9) said.

The freshman Lady Indians will play again at Andrean on Nov. 16 against Andrean High School at 5:30 PM.