Fa La La Latte

When jingle bells ring, the jolly drinks appear. As Christmas rolls around the corner, many students show their cheer by rushing to Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts for the annual festive drinks, which were released on Nov. 10.

“I love buying holiday drinks because the new flavors are unique, and we aren’t able to experience them on a day to day basis. Also, the drinks make me happy because they remind me that the holidays are near,” Morgan Dines (10) said.

A well-known holiday drink from Dunkin’ Donuts is the Peppermint Mocha Latte. This jolly drink consists of espresso coffee and peppermint syrup, and is topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

“I like the Peppermint Mocha Latte from Dunkin’ Donuts because it’s not too much of an overkill, but the festive flavors are still delicious,” Kayi Cinco (10) said.

Starbucks also joins the buzz with their annual holiday drinks. A drink that is not at the top of the holiday drink chart but still liked by many is the Gingerbread Latte. This Christmas classic is a fresh latte that consists of a couple of shots of gingerbread syrup, and it is topped with whipped cream and nutmeg. This drink surprised students with its true taste to an actual gingerbread cookie.

“I love the Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks because it tastes exactly like a gingerbread cookie but in liquid form. In my opinion, it even tastes a little bit better than the real thing. I also like this drink because it reminds me of childhood and of how happy the holidays can make people,” Margaret Sablich (10) said.