No days off

Zachary Dobos (9) dribbles the ball past an offender. The boys beat Michigan City with a final score of 62-31.

While the whole school had Martin Luther King Jr. Day off, the freshman boys basketball team was not off their game with a 62-31 victory over Michigan City.

“[I think] it was one of the best overall games we played as a team so far this season,” Joshua Graziano (9) said.

The boys shut down the Wolves early, allowing them only one point in the first quarter.

“Our offense was really good today and we knew the set they were going to give us on defense so we were prepared,” Bryce Scherwin (9) said.

While the Indians came out with a strong win, there is still room for them to grow.

“[I think we need to be] smarter with execution of plays and take more shots,” Isaac Beatty (9) said.

Having the day off of school allowed for the team to mentally prepare for the day in solitude.

“Any day off is a better day, but I think it was better we got to sleep in and prepare ourselves throughout the day,” Scherwin said.

With another win under their belt after the game against a DAC competitor, the team is looking into the rest of the season with high hopes.

“[We hope to accomplish] an undefeated season,” Graziano said.