Q&A: Raquel Rembert (12)

Raquel Rembert (12) performs a monologue from the play “The Piano Lesson.” Rembert won Best of Show for individual monologue at the Indiana Thespians State Conference and was given the opportunity to perform at the conference’s closing ceremony. Photo by: Olivia Throckmartin

Q: What was your reaction when you won Best of Show for solo monologue at the Indiana Thespians State Conference?

A: I was speechless and couldn’t believe what I was hearing. It all sounded like a dream.

Q: When did it sink in that you had won? How did you feel then?

A: It sunk in when I started walking on stage to perform. Seeing the audience clap and give a standing ovation made me realize what I received and felt like [I was] on cloud nine. I was so blessed to receive the award and so happy to have a director, Mr. [Ray] Palasz, [English], to help me get where I am in my acting career.

Q: How did it feel to be rewarded for all of the hard work you put into acting?

A: I felt amazed that I finally got represented for all my time and effort put into acting. Even though I didn’t get casted in shows I have wanted to be in, I at least got shown that I have grown in my acting and finally got something I earned.

Q: What were you feeling when you performed?

A: I was very nervous and anxious.

Q: What would you say to others pursuing acting in high school?

A: To everyone in high school, always reach high and take advantage of any opportunity you have.