Fresh start for freshmen

Mr. Sean Begley, Principal, presents a PowerPoint presentation regarding the new bell schedule, students’ transition to high school and college and career readiness. The presentation lasted 30 minutes.

Lake Central hosted its Freshmen Open House on Friday, Feb. 12. Participating teachers and students had table displays of academic departments, clubs and electives offered to incoming students.

“I thought it would be a great opportunity [to volunteer] because I could see what the new freshmen look like and maybe I could make a friend. I was also interested to see if students came with their parents,” Olivia LaVoie (9) said.

Parents had the opportunity to learn about their student’s transition to high school, the new bell schedule, college and career readiness, visit with staff from the academic departments on Main Street and take tours within LC.

“Coming to this freshmen orientation will give the incoming freshmen an idea of what LC theater and some of the other clubs at LC are like. It’s a good way to get informed prior to actually coming to the high school so that you could be more prepared,” LaVoie said.