Indians suffer loss to bulldogs

Joseph Graziano (11) and Skyler Smith (12) run through the court during the game’s fourth period. The team lost the game 60-44.

On Friday Feb. 19, the boys varsity basketball team was defeated by the Crown Point Bulldogs with a final score of 60-44.

“They made a lot of tough shots we couldn’t counter,” Ryan Bereda (12) said. “Sometimes the ball just doesn’t roll our way.”

The Bulldogs took an early lead in the game, ending the first period with a 16-9 lead against the Indians. Crown Point continued their lead against Lake Central in the second and third periods, scoring 41-18 in the second and 48-27 in the third.

“Sometimes we lost our man on defense which lead to some open shots for them,” Bereda said. “Our strength is when we grind it out, not run and gun.”

Although the Indians showed an impressive leap in point between the third and fourth period, the Bulldogs still came out on top.

“We went in with the right attitude and tried to execute the gameplan to the best of our abilities,” Bereda said. “We need to take this game as a learning experience for Sectionals.”