Staying home doesn’t have to be a bummer

A+to-do+list+includes+activities+people+can+do+when+staying+home.+It+was+written+so+people+have+ideas+of+what+they+can+do+if+they+are+not+going+on+a+trip+over+spring+break.+
A to-do list includes activities people can do when staying home. It was written so people have ideas of what they can do if they are not going on a trip over spring break.

Not going on a trip over Spring Break does not mean you can’t have fun. Multiple ideas and adventures are available for you to experience in the comfort of your home, or even right in your own backyard.

• Do something you have been meaning to do but haven’t found the time. Have you wanted to sort out your closet or learn to play a new instrument? Do it. It will make you feel accomplished.
  • Read. Required reading and homework can make it difficult to find time to choose and read books you are interested in. Current popular young adult novels can be found at www.goodreads.com.
  • Take a drive to the craft store. Alone or with friends, buying crafting supplies allows you to get creative. Craft ideas can be found at www.pinterest.com.
  • Go on a walk. Adventure can be found right in your own backyard. Put on a jacket, grab your dog, a friend or yourself and go. Talk or listen to music or the sound of birds chirping while you stroll along.
  • Catch up with a friend you haven’t talked to in a long time. Remember your best friend from eighth grade? Give them a text or call and ask them out for breakfast or coffee to catch up.
  • Catch up on sleep. You won’t have homework due every day, so go to bed early and wake up late. Catch up from all the late nights you may have been staying up and working or worrying.
  • Plant a garden. Spring is the perfect time to plant fruits, vegetables and herbs that can be harvested in the summer and eaten fresh.
  • Discover new music. Music applications like Spotify and Pandora can suggest new songs and artists to add to your shuffle.
  • Learn how to bake or cook a new recipe. Impress your friends or loved ones and treat them to a nice dinner or dessert. Recipes can be found at www.allrecipes.com.
  • Relax. You’ve made it through over three quarters of the school year. It is okay to stay in bed and watch Netflix for a day or two.