Spring in the city

The Chicago Botanic Garden is the location of the Antiques, Garden and Design Show. The show will be held on April 3. (Photo courtesy of Chicago Botanic Garden).

With spring fast approaching, it’s time to get back outside and venture into the city.  Since Chicago is close by, many students go to Chicago seeking adventure.

“It’s pretty and the weather is nicer so you don’t freeze [in the spring],” Morgan Dines (10) said.

There are many events planned in Chicago in April including the Baconfest on April 30, the Champion of Trees 10k Run on April 24 and the Vintage Garage on April 17, just to name a few. As well as the special events only in April, Chicago is a great center for shopping, sightseeing, dining and overall having a good time.

“I like all of the new stores [in Chicago] that you can’t find around here,” Kayli Cinko (10) said.

Being the third largest city in the United States, Chicago provides the venue and events for great memories in the city.

“In the city, you’re more independent. There are so many things to do. [Festivals] give people things to do and it’s more activities,” Lordes Raguindin (10) said.