AP-TIP conference gives tips for AP exams

A+student+dives+deep+into+her+AP+Biology+textbook+and+studies+before+going+to+the+AP+conference.+The+conference+takes+place+at+Lake+Central+on+April+9+from+7%3A50+a.m.+to+12%3A40+p.m.+
A student dives deep into her AP Biology textbook and studies before going to the AP conference. The conference takes place at Lake Central on April 9 from 7:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.

This weekend on Saturday, April 9, Advanced Placement students can gather at Lake Central for the AP Conference to practice and prepare for the upcoming AP exams. The conference will begin at 7:50 a.m. and run until 12:40 p.m.

This is the third time an AP Conference has been held at Lake Central for students to come to ready themselves for the AP exams for their corresponding  AP classes.

“I went last year, but I haven’t been to any this year. Last year, I only went to English ones, so they helped with writing essays and multiple choice strategies,” Nina Angus (12) said.

The conference holds five different sessions for students to sit in on to help with their specific AP classes.

“I’m in AP [Biology] and AP English, so I want to sit in on those and just review. I’m just hoping that it really helps me on these tests because if you do well, you get $100, and I just think that’s a good incentive,” Alexa Adams (12) said.

Although it is not required for AP students to attend, the ones who do go to the conference find it beneficial when it comes to their exams in May.

“I think they’re really helpful if you stay engaged and if you’re really focused on doing well on the AP test,” Nina Angus (12) said.