Q&A: Gabriella Carra (9)

Gabriella Cara (9) bats at the first home game of the softball season. The varsity team beat Portage with a final score of 12-0.

Q: When did you start playing softball and what made you want to play?

A: I started playing when I was five years old because my parents got me into the sport.

Q: How often do you practice and what are some things you work on?

A: For the Lake Central team, we practice whenever we don’t have games and for my travel team we practice once a week. We usually go over specific plays and try to get as many quality repetitions in as we can.

Q: How did you feel when you were trying out for the Lake Central team?

A: I was very excited and confident.

Q: How do you feel about being a freshman on the varsity team?

A: It’s fun being able to compete at the highest high school level, and I love being part of such an amazing team.

Q: So you are committed to Wisconsin, can you explain what being verbally committed to a college means?

A: [Being a commit] means that until I am able to sign my National Letter of Intent, I will be verbally committed to Wisconsin.

Q: Can you explain how you became a commit to Wisconsin?

A: The assistant coach at Wisconsin saw me play a few games at a tournament and gave her contact [information] to my head coach so I could call her every week. Then, after going to one of their camps, we set up for me to go on an unofficial visit. They [made me an offer] during the visit, and I accepted it about three weeks later.