An emotional (roadshow) night

The crowd cheers as Twenty One Pilots performs a cover of The Beatles song “Twist and Shout.” Along with songs from their albums, the band performed covers of well-known songs including Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On,” Justin Bieber’s “Love Yourself” and House of Pain’s “Jump Around.”

After months of anticipation, fans of the band Twenty One Pilots gathered at AllState Arena on June 5th to see them live.

“I’ve seen [Twenty One Pilots] a total of three times, but it felt like I was seeing them for the first time again. The whole show was amazing,” Olivia Kelly (12) said.

Before Twenty One Pilots stepped out on stage, two opening acts, Chef’s Special and Mutemath, performed to warm up the audience. Once it was time for Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun, the two members of Twenty One Pilots, to come out onstage, the crowd was ecstatic with energy and greeted them loudly.

“Pandemonium describes [the concert] perfectly. The whole place went from ‘normally loud’ to ‘I can’t hear myself think’ loud. It was just crazy,” Sara Erwin (12) said.

Long-time fans of Twenty One Pilots who have been with the band when they played small venues are proud to see the band get more recognition ever since the song “Stressed Out,” off of their third album titled Blurryface, has made its way onto mainstream media and the radio.  

“I’m really proud of [the band]. They’ve come so far from just a few years ago. I saw them the first time [three years ago]. I never expected them to be selling out huge venues like they are now, but of course I’m happy they are. The room we were in last time was maybe half [of] the size of the pit from yesterday and the early admitting tickets were only $30, so it’s definitely a different experience in its own, but their performance was just as fantastic,” Erwin said.

Those who attended the concert agreed that it was worth the wait and are excited to see what the future brings for Twenty One Pilots.

“It was definitely one of the best concerts I’ve been to, and I would love to see them live again,” Ellie Chandos (12) said.