Fall into the season

The sunflower patch is home to bright yellow flowers and swarming bees. Many students came to The County Line Apple Orchard for the sunflower patch.

As leaves start changing color and the air becomes more crisp, many students welcome the fall season with anticipation and delight.

“[What I like most about fall is] the clothes because I love sweaters, and I love to be warm in the cold weather. I like going to cafes, pumpkin patches and hayrides,” Daryn McElroy (11) said.

Fall weather is the favorite time of the year for many students in the region. Seeing the leaves change different color has attracted numerous people into doing more festive activities.

“[Fall is] very comfortable to me. I like to go to apple orchards and walk around Chicago,” Taylor Gibson (11) said.

Most students pay a visit to the County Line Apple Orchard for the pumpkin patches, sunflower patches, apple orchards and food.

“[I like] the donuts and [corn] maze, that’s what I like. Last year, my friends and I went in the corn maze, and we ended up getting lost, and I laughed so hard. It’s a lot of fun,” Charmagne Abangan (9) said

There are other ways to enjoy the fall season, apart from visiting the apple orchard.

“Every year, we go to Starved Rock because that’s where my parents got engaged. It’s where you can see the leaves changing color, and it’s the perfect temperature,” Rudnick (11) said.

The temperature, leaves, hayrides and cafes pull more and more people into the fall season as the year goes by.

“I like how it’s easier to do things indoors and outdoors because the weather isn’t so extreme,” Gibson (11) said.