DAC champs on Senior Night

Varsity boys soccer seniors walk out onto the field with Trent Schneider (9), who is playing the bagpipes. It was Senior Night for the Indians.

The varsity boys soccer team won the Duneland Athletic Conference championships on Wednesday, Sept. 28, with a final score of 7-0, beating the Merrillville Pirates. Not only did they win the DAC championship, but the game was on their senior night.

“Being Senior Night and one of the last games we’ll play in front of a crowd [made the game memorable]. It was very emotional. Winning the DAC was something special because our senior class has never won the DAC since we have been at LC,” said Daniel Picioski (12).

Throughout the game, the Indians kept a lead on Merriville, ending halftime with a score of 4-0. The team continued to play hard until the whistle blew.

“The best part of the game was the final whistle blowing [and] knowing that I did my job to help the seniors shine on their night,” Cole Rainwater (10) said.

Senior night made the game very emotional and memorable for the seniors and the rest of the team.

“Every single part of [the game was memorable]. The goals and the way we walked out onto the field with our parents to greet our younger teammates was all amazing,” Naser Taharwah (12) said.

The next varsity game will be on Wednesday, Oct. 5, at Lake Central.