Homecoming victory against the Trojans

Lake Central cross country seniors gain team spirit as they run the Lake Central flag around the track. The team ran around during half-time as the LCHS letters were lit.

On Sept. 30, Lake Central’s homecoming game and National Guard tribute took place. The Indians and the Trojans went head-to-head to fight for the win.

“I think the game went well. We stuck together through the rough times, and it certainly paid off,” Austin Atkins (12) said.

The Indians stuck together and scored the win 38-0. Lake Central’s varsity football team fixed their mistakes and there was a lot that attributed to their win.

“We are super excited to come out with the win. We came out with a lot of energy and did everything right. Defense did a great job tonight, and offense was able to capitalize, so that was really nice for us. Everyone trusted each other tonight, and that was the biggest thing,” said Dakota Barnett (12).

The Indians won the homecoming game and Barnett and Sarah Hunsley (12) won homecoming king and queen.

“I was really excited, but I was trying to focus on the game. After I won, I was right back focusing on the game, but I will celebrate tonight and tomorrow,” said Barnett.

Lake Central came out with a big win for the homecoming game. They will be playing Merrillville on Friday, Oct. 7.