Kicking it to regionals

Michael Bikos (11) prepares to kick the ball. Bikos played as a forward for the Indians.

The Lake Central boys soccer team took on the Munster Mustangs to kick off regionals on Thursday, Oct. 13.

Although the Indians lost with a final score of 1-0, the energy of the game began to rise and the game got more intense.

“The energy on the field was not great during the first 25 minutes, but as the game went on, our energy improved greatly,” Carson Shrader (10) said.

At times it seemed like Lake Central could not get a goal, but the boys continuously fought back and tried to overcome the odds of being down 1-0.

“The season was amazing. We played great game in and game out. Our team was like a family, the ball just didn’t go our way [this] last game,“ Shrader said.

The boys had an outstanding season this year. They went 17-2-1, while also accomplishing many goals that they set as a team.

“As a senior, I stepped out onto the field for the last time, and although it was very depressing, I realized that these past four years have brought pure happiness and joy for my life.  The amount of love for my brothers on the team is unreal, and I wouldn’t want my LC career to end with anyone else but those guys,”  Daniel Picioski (12) said.