Another Win for the Road to State

The boys varsity team celebrates on Saturday, Oct. 8, after a great victory over Highland 3-0. The team was ready to continue their journey to State with an intensity that filled the field.

The boys varsity team won the IHSAA championship against Highland Trojans on Saturday Oct. 8, with a final score of 3-0. They are fired up to keep their streak going as they face off against the Munster Mustangs next.

“The kids might chatter about our opponents a little bit, but it’s more about this game, and that’s how we have to take it. Even though it is the oldest saying in the book, we just have to take it one game at a time. This group of boys have grown very familiar with one another; therefore, they know what they expect from me, and I know what to expect from them. There is nothing to be nervous about because we’ve prepared for this since they were little kids, so I’m really excited about what they are going to be able to accomplish,” Coach Jereme Rainwater, Vocational, said.

Coach Rainwater pumped up his team before the game and got his players ready for this crucial game.

“The streak means everything to us. We know all of the teams before us that have accomplished it, and we just have to keep it going. Every opponent we play, we play with the same mentality on offense and defense. For my goal, I just received a great pass from little [Cole] Rainwater (10) to set me up for a one on one. This is only one step to climb a mountain. We’ve accomplished the first step, but we aren’t going to just stop now. We are ready to take the next step in our journey,” Naser Taharwah (12) said.

Naser then scored another goal at the fifteenth minute in the game in the bottom right corner of the goal. The game went on to be very intense as Naser attempted to get a hat trick ,3 goals,.

“We were very prepared for this game because we have been practicing and playing this team forever. To make all the saves, it takes a lot of focus, but I mostly just dive and have it all covered,” Noah Osoreo (11) said.