Setting up for success

The girls huddle up and hear a pep talk given by the coach right before the game. The girls faced the Highland Trojans in their first round of sectionals.

On Oct. 20, the varsity volleyball team played against Highland at Munster High School. The girls defeated the Trojans in the first round of sectionals 25-21, 25-23, 25-19.

“In the beginning of the game, we were struggling with connection but picked it up and ended up winning in three sets,” Linda Morton (12) said.

The girls credit the outcome of the game with work done in practice.

“Practicing certain rotations that needed work really helped us to side out fast and keep the lead. It showed up in important moments when we needed the points the most,” Morton said.

In the beginning of the season, goals were set to help pace the entirety of the season. As their season thrives on, the girls are still working on the remainder of their goals.

“My goal was to try and contribute to the team as much as possible and to win in sectionals. I accomplished the first goal, and we’re currently working on the second,” Morgan Calligan (12) said.

The girls remain hopeful as the end of the season comes near.

“I’m hoping the end of this season brings a sectional title and great memories,” Lauren Stearns (11) said.