108 years in the making

An+official+2016+World+Series+shirt+documents+the+Cub%E2%80%99s+win.+The+Chicago+Cubs+are+celebrating+their+first+World+Series+win+in+over+a+century.+
An official 2016 World Series shirt documents the Cub’s win. The Chicago Cubs are celebrating their first World Series win in over a century.

As Anthony Rizzo catches the final ball thrown by Kris Bryant, everyone watching knew what that catch meant: no more 108 years, no more billy goat curse and no more waiting. The Cubs had finally won the World Series.

History was made in Cleveland on Nov. 3 when the Chicago Cubs won their first World Series title since 1908.

“It was amazing. I still can’t believe it happened. When I saw the final out, I was crying. It finally payed off to be a lifelong Cubs fan,” Sarah Tellas (11) said.

The Cubs faced off against the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field in a narrow game. After 10 innings and a rain delay, the Cubs finally clinched the win 8-7.

“Honestly it was so nerve-wrecking. I was shaking the whole time, and I couldn’t look away from the screen,” Tellas said.

Fans everywhere will be able to showcase their support and dedication to the team by going to the parade being held in Chicago on Nov. 4.

“I’m going to the Cubs parade and rally. I also bought a lot of World Series merchandise,” Tellas said.

Seas of blue and white attire are expected to be seen all around the Chicago area as fans everywhere celebrate their home team’s victory. The familiar chant “Go, Cubs, Go” can be heard all around as supporters “Fly the W” for a victorious team.