Clemson takes Alabama

Clemson Tigers wide receiver Artavis Scott (3) runs the ball as Clemson Tigers safety Kyle Cote (32) looks on during the first quarter against the Alabama Crimson Tide during the College Football Playoff National Championship on Monday, Jan. 9, 2017 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla. (Loren Elliott/Tampa Bay Times/TNS)

On Monday, Jan. 9, the Clemson Tigers upset the Alabama Crimson Tide 35-31 in the College Football National Championship in Tampa, Fla.

“I became a Clemson fan my freshman year, so I have been waiting for this for a long time. I was so excited and nervous during the game. When they won, I cried,” Paige Kotecki (11) said.

Despite the upset, Alabama fans stay peaceful, reflecting on their 15 other National Championships.

“I was really disappointed and let down, but I was OK with the loss since Alabama has won 16 other National Championships,” Carling Louden (11) said.

After waiting 36 years, Clemson fans celebrated their long coming win.

“I was so happy Clemson won, I am going to college at Clemson, so to see them win was like watching a high school team win Sectionals. I doubted the game in the middle, but to be able to go to school the next day and wear all my Clemson gear was really neat,” Kallie Higgins (12) said.