JV boys grab another win

Sam Booth (10) goes inside the lane and shoots. The Indians last loss was February 2nd against Merrillville.

On Feb. 17, tension filled the gym as the Crown Point Bulldogs came to the face the Lake Central Indians in a heated JV game that would result in a Lake Central win.

“We approached this game just like every other game. We knew it would be a big crowd though, so deep down I think we went harder all week in the practices,” Derek Szymczak (10) said.

In the first quarter, the Indians were off to a fast start to take the first quarter lead of 13-8.

When the second quarter began, the Crown Point Bulldogs were surging for a comeback as the lead was shortened, but the Indians were winning 30-13.

“We were knocking down our open shots all game, and we continued to do [so]. Our defense got even better in the second half,” Derek Szymczak (10) said.

With one half in the books, Lake Central played with confidence as they took over in the third quarter with a lead of 24, as the score was 45-21.

Because Lake Central held a big lead over the Bulldogs, the Indians didn’t look back as they beat the Bulldogs 52-30.