Shooting for the win

The+players+gather+by+the+free+throw+line+to+see+if+Crown+Point+will+make+a+basket+during+the+second+quarter.+The+score+was+32-22.+
The players gather by the free throw line to see if Crown Point will make a basket during the second quarter. The score was 32-22.

On Friday, Feb. 17, the Indians took on the Crown Point Bulldogs. The Indians fell to the Bulldogs with a score of 59-40. At halftime, the score was Crown Point 32-22, and the Bulldogs took the point advantage to the fourth quarter with a lead of 17 points.

“We didn’t do well against Crown Point. The team didn’t work well together, and towards the end we all fell apart as a whole,” Justin Graciano (11) said.

The players kept in mind what skills they need to improve on to move further into their season.

“One of the biggest things we need to work on is less turnovers and more defense. Defense is how you win the games and obviously the less turnovers we get, the more points we get,” Graciano said.

With the boys 3-4 in the Duneland Athletic Conference, the boys prepare for their offseason and get ready to put forth a fight to go far in Sectionals.

“We will go into sectionals strong. We’ve been working hard on all of our parts, and we’re at the peak of our training. I believe that we will win,” Graciano said.