The Beauty of “Beauty and the Beast”

Belle (Emma Watson) and Beast (Dan Stevens) dance with each other during a musical number. The movie had many songs that can be found in the original Disney version.

Finally the moment Disney fans have been waiting for came into theaters March 17. Although there was a controversial topic for the well-known children’s movie, Bill Condon captured this fairytale perfectly.

“Beauty and the Beast” followed the animated story’s plot line, which is what made this movie such a big deal. Prince Adam (Dan Stevens) and his servants were put under a curse that transformed them into a beast and castle appliances. Not too long after, a girl named Belle (Emma Watson) wandered into the castle in an attempt to find her father, Maurice (Kevin Kline). Belle’s mission throughout the movie is to break the curse and bring back the prince and his friends.

Throughout the movie, there are many catchy musical performances, including “Gaston’s Song” which includes Gaston (Luke Evans), LeFou (Josh Gad) and several other background characters.

The beloved fairytale was brought to life with a true-to-character cast and beautiful musical numbers. I would definitely recommend this movie to everyone. It truly captured the 1991 edition and went above and beyond to gain more viewers.