Lake Central Slices the Slicers

Amanda Noblett (11) pinch runs for Selena Michka (11). The Lake Central Indian’s played The Laporte Slicers.

On Wednesday, May 10, the girls softball team took on the Laporte Slicers.  The girls won with a final score of 2-1.

“I think the game went well. I think [Laporte’s Softball] team was very competitive and [overall] we all played well,” Ashley Swets (10) said.

While the game had a total of three runs scored between the two teams, there were only five hits. Three of the five hits came from Lake Central, with two hits coming from Selena Michka (11).

Selena pitched a great game with some great defense only allowing [one] run,” Alex Hicky (12) said.

Being halfway into May, the softball post-season is just around the corner.

“Our season is going pretty good. Since our season is ending soon one of the goals we still have to accomplish is winning Sectionals and advancing all the way to State. I think the team has a very good chance of going far this year, but we need to keep our head in the game and even if someone makes a mistake. We need to forget about it and make it up with our bat or on the field,” Rylee Platusic (12) said.

Lake Central is 18-6 overall and 9-3 in DAC. The girls play Monday, May 15, Wednesday, May 17, and Friday, May 19, at home.