Fancy in Fenty

Fenty Beauty adds a new unique side of makeup to the market. It launched on Sept. 8th, and was being sold online and in-store.

On Sept. 8, Rihanna launched Fenty Beauty. Fenty Beauty is a cosmetic line based upon diversity and variety, including 44 shades of foundation made to match all skin tones.

Rihanna dedicated herself to celebrating the diversity within the beauty world, and to provide products that would appeal to women and men of all tones. The Pro Filt’r soft matte longwear foundations sell for $34, and are full-coverage and matte. However, they tend to oxidize slightly, so opt for a shade lighter than your natural skin tone. The large range of shades have lead to minor confusion while customers try to shop online, so it’s a safe bet to take a trip to Sephora and really see what matches.

Rihanna also included highlighters, concealer/bronzing sticks, a universal lip gloss and a variety of brushes. She released a gold toned highlighter named ‘Trophy Wife’, which suits all skin tones. It’s flashy, but in the best way possible. It’s also extremely buildable, so if you’re aiming for a light glow, one dip into the pan is perfect for you. Her lip gloss fits well on almost every skin tone, and is definitely worth the money. It sells for $18, and has hints of glitter in every swipe.

Rihanna has stepped into the cosmetic game in a noticeable fashion, and her dark shades of foundation have already sold out. She is a voice for the people who struggle to find matching makeup, and she’s the perfect example of an innovator.

You can find Fenty Beauty online or in-store at Sephora.