Review on “Jumanji’

Ruby Roundhouse (Karen Gillan), Moose Finbar (Kevin Hart), Dr. Smolder Bravestone (Dwayne Johnson) and Professor Shelly Oberon (Jack Black) stand looking out into the game field of Jumanji. The movie was released in theaters on Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017. Photo credit to Google Images.

This is the sequel that many have been waiting for: Jumanji. Just reading the name, drums are set off in people’s heads and slight feelings of horror and excitement run through their veins.

In “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” a father finds the board game while out jogging on the beach and decides to bring it home to give to his son, Alex. Alex disregards the game because he wasn’t into board games. In the middle of the night, the game changes itself into a video game. Alex decides to play it and is sucked up into the game itself. Twenty years later, Alex is referred to as the kid who disappeared. Eventually, four kids get detention and find the game while cleaning the school basement. They decide to pass the time by playing Jumanji, yet find themselves in the same situation as Alex was in twenty years prior. This kicks off to the beginning of “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” where they have to win the game in order to survive and return to the real world.

This movie did itself justice. The entire movie was action-packed, filled with hilarious scenes and they even managed to throw in a character romance. I can honestly say that this movie has won itself into one of my favorite movies of all time. If you are looking for a great movie to watch with family and friends then this is it!