BASBEALL IS ALMOST HERE

The Chicago White Sox open up the 2017 season after 2 months of Spring Training. Opening day begins April 1, 2018.

Spring Training, the sight of a new baseball season and the indication that spring is right around the corner. Spring Training gives MLB players the chance to get a feel for the game again, and a chance for rookies to showcase their talent before opening day.

“Spring Training gets me excited for the new season because baseball is finally back and that means I can start getting excited to go to games,” Taylor Lykowski (11) said.

With Spring Training starting in February and lasting until April, this gives young prospects enough time to warm up.

“I am really looking forward to watching Shohei Ohtani because he pitches as well as playing the infield, like a modern-day Babe Ruth,” Bryce Rauch (11) said.

Spring Training is not only good practice before opening day, but it is a chance to see what teams might perform well during the 2018 season.

“Even though I hate the Yankees, I am excited to watch them during Spring Training because they look really good on paper,” Rauch said.

Before the official season begins, offseason is the perfect time for teams to make huge trades to benefit their overall season.

“The Cubs just acquired Yu Darvish, and I think he is going to be fun to watch pitch and hopefully he provides for the team,” Lykowski said.